Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My 2001 Vision!

Hey All.
So, 2011 huh? If I have my way, by the end of it, Ill have moved out, lost twenty kilos and be living an even more awesome life. If I have to work hard to get my way, then so be it.


But that's not actually what I want to talk about. I want to talk about the things that are shaping my vision of 2011, and the things that i can already see will help me create the year I want. Including the wardrobe I want.
So here it is, my list of 2011 influences.

                                                                  GALA DARLING

The first, and probably most major one, as some of you will know from twitter, is Gala Darling. I've raved about her before, but I just can't seem to stop it! So, you need to head to her blog, www.galadarling.com. What will you find? Not only will you find a chic and oh-so-fantastic New Yorker with an epic fashion sense (Bright pink and glitter...sparkles...oh she makes me swoon.) you will also find advice on how to create a fantastic future. Need to de-goth your wardrobe? Her first ever post, fashion help for recovering goths has you covered. Need to increase self-esteem? easy done. Check out anything on radical self love. Plus, she has an EPIC taste in shoes!

                                                              LOVE AND SEQUINS

On that note, Ill go on to Gala Darlings' "Love and Sequins" a 12 part podcast series, on topics such as her own guide to New York (which made me fall in love with it instantly) Travel tips, Love, Relationships and cutlivating Happiness. They're not super cheap, but oh my god, they are worth it!! You'll thank me for raving!


                                                              DITA VON TEESE

For Christmas, one of my presents was Dita Von Teese's book, "Burlesque and the art of the teese" and I have fallen in love. I have always loved pin up and retro looks, and when I dream of having an office job, the only great part I see is wearing vintage inspired outfits and red lips everyday. So glamorous, yet work safe.Oh, and I'd also continue my winged eyeliner, as I love so much.So, this book runs through the history of Burlesque, and is a very interesting read. However, the most incredible part is the fashion and images. If you ever see this book, you must at least flick through it! This book also has a naughty little secret. Flip it over to read "Fetish and the art of the teese" even if fetish doesn't interest you, it's still interesting to see it's origins and learn a bit more about this whole other world!

I will be incorporating a bit of Dita into my wardrobe by buying some more curve accentuating pieces, and doing my take on a modern/retro nail. As you will see here, my nails are painted pink, yet the moon section is blank, as was common back then! its simple too. Just use those french nail tip stickers to cover the moon part and paint over it!

                                                                   DOE DEERE.
 

As much as I don't care for her company's products, (Miss Deere owns LimeCrime, a makeup company that has been scandalised) you've still got to admit, she has great vision. She has created a vision called "Candyfuturism" and it's basically bright, sparkling colours, with tutus and gems and innocence. She is kind of like Katy Perry, but more awesome. Check her out at www.doedeereblogazine.com Ive definetely fallen in love with pink and teal worn together. Head over heels here.

                                                            AMELIA ARSENIC.


So, lately my aesthetic has gotten a little softer and girlier, but I still adore edgier, tougher, more...shiny looks. Enter Amelia of www.destroyx.com. Lead singer of one of my favourite bands, Angelspit (not for the weakhearted though) she also owns her own makeup and accesory line (www.blackpillredpill.com) and one of my favourites is her loose shadow in 'car crash red". It's the only red I use and it's incredible. Amelia herself is a fan of latex, medical themes, anything "fetish" corsets and she's the sweetest little cupcake in real life.


                                                                  POLYVORE.

 www.polyvore.com is my testing grounds for new outfit ideas. I can recreate entire looks, dream up how I would wear that studded jacket whose brand I forget, but I remember Michael Jackson rocking. Just, check it out when you have a few minutes free.

                                                        ~ <3 ~
So, my general direction?
Massive life improvement via goal setting, affirmations, EFT-learn about this from Galas' website.
Losing twenty kilos and settling into a good job and beginning to work on my makeup career. or nfluences.


Wearing more pink and blue, more sparkle, more glitter and also wearing my classic, black. This year is about trying to create a tough yet feminine style that I can really enjoy.
MORE DRESSES!! I've fallen in love with them too.


I am DYING to hear what sets your heart a-flutter! Do tell what's inspiring you!

xx, Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment