Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review: MAC cremesheen Glass in "Double Dare"

So, yay. my first review.

                                                            

Today I am reviewing my very first MAC purchase, and something that I have become totally addicted to. I have a skin tone that works really well with red lips, like the blue toned, bright reds. But I really wanted to try a pink lip.So I headed to Mac to see what would fulfil my desire.

After trying a few lipsticks, I decided to try a lipgloss. This colour popped out immediately to me. Amongst the bubblegum pinks and the pale ones, was this coral-ish, red/pink toned colour. It was pretty much love at first site.Plus, with the name "Double Dare" it became too hard to resist.



The cremesheen texture is one that I love. It feels moisturising and glossy, and has very nice pigmentation. I wear this either alone or over concealor. Its a nice shade that is quite versatile. Worn alone, it's a bold bright pink, but edges into a red side.This has no shimmer or glitter, which I think makes it look more mature and sophisticated. It would be great to do a modern pin-up look with it, and it reminds me of Katy Perry who 'ive seen with a really gorgeous pink lip. If you want a softer, paler colour, simply cover your lips with concealor first, and the colour becomes a gorgeous soft, almost powdery looking pink. Alternately, pair under a red lipliner to pump up the red factor.

The colour is a little "bolder" than this but the bottom lip is over concealor, top is on its own.                                           



The gloss consistency is really nice. Your lips are left shiny, with minimal stickyness. However, this isn't a no-stick colour. It is a little tacky, but that means it will last a little longer. Plus, if you tend to rub your lips together, the colour can be pushed onto the edges of your mouth, creating a line around your lips. To avoid this, ill often put it on over a red or pink lipliner. this will also bring out more of either colour in the gloss. Im yet to try putting a paler pink in the centre of my bottom lip, but that might create a really nice dimension.

Swatches of a thin layer of gloss and a thicker application on bare skin.                                                          



The price of this in Australia is $42 dollars. Which I have never paid for a lipgloss, but to me it was worth every penny. I adore this product and look forward to owning more Mac lipglosses. I really enjoy the quality and the colour range.




Wearing a fresh coat of my favourtie ever lip gloss. this wont be leaving my lips anytime soon.


Thank-you very much for reading, follow me for more beauty reviews and hauls etc!

         Have a beauti-full day. haha.

xoxo Britt

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try one of these glosses for ages! i might buy one next time i am in the city.
    Congrats on the blog- looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. yeah these glosses are really nice. you'll love them. i cant wait to buy more. but first, a better camera. lol

    ReplyDelete