Saturday, October 23, 2010

Im gonna make it happen this time! Weight loss, that is.

So, If you knew me two years, I would look something like this:
     I would weig roughly 69 kilos, and be a highly active person. I was happy, and fitted into a size 10-12. I wasnt at my goal yet, but i was so close i could taste it. Then high school ended and life began. In order to save you from the "ive had it so bad" junk, (because everyone has hard times) basically, last year i went through a tonne of emotional stuff and fell depressed, stayed home and ate and even cried at the thought of leaving the house. Anyways, after some awakenings, I began to pick my life back up and now im happy, employed, out of debt...but still carrying the scars of my previous year. In one winter, I managed to gain nearly 30 kilos. ouch. Thats like, a kilo a week. Holy cow, huh!             

If you know me now, and you do since clearly youre reading my blog, I look like this:
  I am an unhealthy 100kg and i am a size 18. Ew. I still love myself and dont think poorly of myself. Ive learnt not to associate my self worth with my weight, as what I ate really helped me cope with some hard times. But I am learning to associate new things with comfort, rather than food. Things like going online and blogging, doing my nails, anything beauty related that gets me thinking about looking good. It really distracts me and makes me not want to eat. Weight loss isnt just a physical journey, its a recreation of ones' self. Creating new hobbies and new stress releases, finding a new joy in life and in exercise.                                                               
So, to begin losing the weight I've adopted a few healthy habits, and will put one extra habit into place every week:
1. Jogging. every morning I get up and jog around my block. I still cant go very far or very long, but I jog until I need to rest, and work hard at getting further every day. It's a great start to the day, and gets me thinking about my health.
2. Water. I carry my bottle everywhere, and make a massive effort to drink it. I try to avoid drinking soft drink, however its hard for me as I really enjoy pepsi max. I think my goal this week will be to go a week without soft drink.
3. Fruit n veggies. I definetly don't get my 2 fruits and 5 veg a day. well actually I get my fruits, just not my veg. However, I really do do my best to increase the vege portion as much as possible, so that at least im close.
4. When I have to urge to snack, I do something beauty related. Fiddle with makeup. Draw fashion ideas. Redo my nails. Hair. anything. If i find that I really can't remove my craving, Ill have either air popped popcorn or diet jelly. If however, I'm craving something unhealthy, I'll indulge a little, knowing that it's better to satisfy a little craving, rather than a massive one that comes from not getting what we want.

Ok, I think you get the gist of it. So my goal is 64 kilos, and I think it will take me maybe a year and a half. I'm taking it slow, so that all of my lessons sink in, and it can really become a way of life for me. Stay tuned for my measurements (theyre on my boyfriends comp so ill post them later) and for my journey. Feel free to share any tips/stories or advice with me.

Much love,
             Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment